This project (FIN 435575-1) consists of milling and resurfacing, reconstruction, base work, shoulder treatment, drainage improvements, curb and gutters, traffic signals, lighting, highway signing, guardrail, sidewalks, gravity wall, concrete slope pavement, ITS and other incidental construction on I-295 at U.S. 17 (State Road 15) from south of Wells Road to Collins Road in Clay and Duval counties. It includes the following improvements:
- Widening U.S. 17 from north of the southbound I-295 exit ramp to Collins Road
- Installing new signals at the intersections of U.S. 17 and Wells Road, U.S. 17 and Old Orange Park Road, U.S. 17 and Eldridge Avenue and U.S. 17 and the southbound I-295 exit ramps
- Constructing new walls to accommodate sidewalks on U.S. 17 under the I-295 bridge
- Constructing a 10-foot sidewalk on the north side of Eldridge Avenue
- Widening Eldridge Avenue and constructing a 6-foot sidewalk on the south side of the roadway and a 10-foot sidewalk/bike path on the north side of the roadway
- Realigning the southbound I-295 exit ramps to include three right turn lanes and two left turn lanes
- Realigning the northbound I-295 exit ramps to include three right turn lanes and three left turn lanes
- Adding an additional lane to the southbound I-295 entrance ramp
- Milling and resurfacing existing roadway throughout the project limits
The companion project (FIN 446044-1) consists of consists of milling and resurfacing, base work, shoulder treatment, drainage improvements, highway signing, guardrail, concrete slope pavement and other incidental construction on I-295 from the Buckman Bridge to west of U.S. 17.
Superior Construction Company was selected to complete both projects.
No lane closures will be permitted between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday or between 6 a.m. Friday through 9 p.m. Sunday. No double lane closures will be permitted between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Lane closures may only occur in one direction of travel at a time.