This roadway modification project on Southwest 34th Street (State Road 121) will also include work on Southwest 2nd Avenue (State Road 26A) and West University Avenue (State Road 26). The $1.9 million project is being completed by Watson Construction Company LLC and began in September 2020.
The following modifications will be made as part of the project:
- Add a through lane to northbound Southwest 34th Street (State Road 121) by repurposing a left turn lane and upgrading/replacing signals at the intersections of Southwest 34th Street and Southwest 2nd Avenue (State Road 26A) as well as the intersection of Southwest 34th Street and University Avenue (State Road 26).
- Median modifications on University Avenue, west of Southwest 34th Street.
- Add a green bike lane on northbound Southwest 34th Street between Southwest 2nd Avenue and University Avenue.
- Add a left turn lane on Southwest 2nd Avenue, west of Southwest 34th Street.
- Complete ADA, lighting, and drainage improvements.
The project is expected to be completed Spring 2021.
While daytime work is expected, lane closures are only permitted at night – no lane closures are allowed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 6 a.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday.