This project involves milling and resurfacing of approximately one half-mile of roadway along Beaver Street (U.S. 90/State Road 10) from east of Tyler Street to east of Eaverson Street. In addition to milling and resurfacing the roadway, planned improvements include:
- Repairing areas of uneven pavement
- Adjustment of drainage inlets and manholes
- Sidewalk replacement and repair
- Reconstruction of commercial driveways within state right-of-way
- Widening the curve between Barnett Street and Myrtle Avenue to create more room for truck traffic
- Traffic and pedestrian signal enhancement at the Myrtle Avenue and Eaverson Street intersections
- Adjustments to utility hardware within the project limits
- Other incidental construction
To safely complete work on this project, contractor Maer Construction will utilize a combination of long- and short-term lane closures, short-term detours and extended detours.
- Long-term lane closures may occur at any time in the outside lane of Beaver Street in one direction in combination with a low-profile barrier wall.
- No lane closures will be permitted from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday.
- No multiple lane closures will be permitted from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Short-term detours may occur from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday; midnight to 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. to midnight on Sunday; and anytime on Saturday.
- Extended detours are anticipated only on weekends between the hours of 7 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday.