Interchange improvements are scheduled to begin on July 30 at Interstate 95 and Airport Road.
Improvements at the interchange will extend from Airport Center Drive to west of Duval Road and will include:
- Widening the ramps and roadway of the interchange
- Roadway reconstruction at Duval Road and Airport Road
- Roadway resurfacing
- Drainage installation and improvements
- Sidewalk construction and repairs
- ADA upgrades
- Overhead sign installations
Traffic will be maintained in accordance with FDOT design standards throughout the project. Regulatory speed will be posted. Ramp closures and detours will be necessary during certain phases of the project, and drivers can expect periodic lane closures Monday through Sunday during the hours of 8 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Flaggers and law enforcement officers will be present as needed for traffic control.
Watson Civil Construction Inc was selected to complete the $11 million interchange improvement project.