The Florida Department of Transportation is scheduled to begin the reconstruction and widening of Pecan Park Road (S.R. 243) from I-95 to east of Lexington Park Boulevard by late June, weather and schedule permitting.
The project will include:
- Adding one extra lane in each direction on Pecan Park Road (S.R. 243) from I-95 just east of Lexington Park Boulevard
- Reconstruction of the existing roadway
- Additional sidewalk and repairs where necessary
- Curb and gutter work
- Bicycle lanes
- Widening of the ramps and new guardrail at the I-95 interchange ramps
- Milling and resurfacing of I-95 interchange ramps
- Water and sewer improvements
- New traffic signals at I-95 and Pecan Park Road exit ramps and Bainebridge Drive
Construction will occur weekdays and weeknights with some occasional weekend work. Single lane closures with flaggers may be used throughout the duration of construction.
No lane closures are allowed from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. No ramp closures are allowed from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Ramp closures and detours at I-95 will also be necessary in order for the contractor to complete widening and install guardrail on the ramps of the interchange.
Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors Inc. was selected to complete the $17 million project by late 2018.
The construction open house was held Monday, June 12, 2017. Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors Inc. was selected to complete the $17 million project.