The proposed improvements will provide safer traffic operations through the intersection of Atlantic Boulevard and University Boulevard. The recommended improvements include:
- An additional left turn lane from westbound Atlantic Boulevard to southbound University Blvd. (currently single left turn).
- Adding a right turn lane from northbound University Blvd. to eastbound Atlantic Blvd.
- Extending the length of the existing right turn lane from southbound University Blvd. to westbound Atlantic Blvd.
- Relocate existing Lawrence Place (city street) to provide a safer connection to University Blvd. (move it further north, away from University/Atlantic intersection).
- Replace/upgrade existing signals with new mast arms, and lighting improvements