The Atlantic Boulevard at University Boulevard intersection improvements will provide safer traffic operations through the intersection. These improvements include:
- Adding an additional left turn lane from westbound Atlantic Boulevard to southbound University Blvd.
- Adding a right turn lane from northbound University Blvd. to eastbound Atlantic Blvd.
- Extending the length of the existing right turn lane from southbound University Blvd. to westbound Atlantic Blvd.
- Relocate existing Lawrence Place (city street) to provide a safer connection to University Blvd. (move it further north, away from University/Atlantic intersection).
- Relocating Lawrence Place (city street) to provide a safer connection to University Blvd by moving it further north, away from University/Atlantic intersection.
- Replace existing signals with new mast arms and signal heads
- Lighting improvements