The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is currently working on a safety improvement pushbutton project to install five new Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons (PHB) along State Road A1A in St. Johns County. PHBs are advanced crosswalk systems that control both vehicle and pedestrian movements using traffic signals. Installation of Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons will improve safety and increase pedestrian mobility in the area by providing pedestrians with a place to safely cross State Road A1A.
For a video on how PHBs operate, please click here
New Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons Locations along SR A1A:
- Fort Matanzas Park (South of St. Augustine)
- Green Road (South of St. Augustine)
- Treasure Beach Road (South of St. Augustine)
- Nease Beachfront Park (in Vilano Beach)
- Euclid Avenue (in Vilano Beach)
No photos at this time.
No documents at this time.
No Events at this time.