Operational improvements and enhancements will be made to the interchange at Interstate 95 and Interstate 10, the Fuller Warren Bridge, and along the east side of U.S.17 north bound between McDuff Avenue and Rosselle Street.
Operational improvements include:
Interstate 95 (Fuller Warren Bridge) improvements:
- Widening of the Fuller Warren Bridge expanding northbound and southbound lanes from three lanes to four lanes.
- Adding a Shared Use Path (SUP) on the Fuller Warren Bridge for pedestrians and bicyclists connecting San Marco and Riverside neighborhoods.
Interstate 10 Improvements:
- Providing a dedicated ramp to Irene and Stockton Street to reduce weaving traffic merging from Interstate 95 southbound to Interstate10 westbound.
- Widening of overpass from Interstate 95 northbound to Interstate 10 westbound, allowing for future improvements along Interstate 10 westbound.
- Building sound barriers for residents along the east side of U.S.17 north bound between McDuff Avenue and Rosselle Street.
- Building sound barriers for residents along the south side of Interstate 10 eastbound between Stockton and College Streets.
- The proposed sound barriers on the west side of U.S.17 south bound between McDuff Avenue and Roselle Street have been removed from the project’s plans based on a survey of residents along the west side of U.S. 17, in which respondents voted against the construction of the proposed noise barriers.
- Interstate 95 SUP enhancements on the Fuller Warren Bridge will include Riverside Arts Market (RAM) aesthetics on the Riverside SUP on-ramp and accommodation for art in public places.
- Architecturally decorative lighting features along the bridge’s SUP will be installed. New bridge elements (the SUP) will mirror current bridge elements with special RAM and Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens artistic features.
- New monument signs will be constructed for Stockton and College Streets.
For questions or comments about the project, please call the FDOT Public Information Office at 904.831.3362 or email email@example.com.