The Florida Department of Transportation is making interchange improvements at I-295 and 103rd Street (S.R. 134). Project limits include the entrance and exit ramps of the interchange and the roadway under the I-295 overpass up to Firestone Road at Westside High School.
The project includes the following safety improvements:
- Construction of a dual eastbound left turn lane to I-295 north
- Construction of a dual westbound left turn lane at Firestone Road
- Widening of the roadway
- Milling and paving
- Pedestrian signal upgrades
- Pier protection under the I-295 overpass
- Sidewalk installation and repairs
- Guardrail installation
- Minor drainage improvements
Lane closures will not be permitted between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. Monday through Sunday during construction.
Capps Land Management is the contractor for this project.